Someone reported me, but I didn’t do anything wrong!
- Adopt Me will never ban a player without proof.
- An Adopt Me Team Member must look at a report before a ban is made, there is no “automated system” that detects and bans players.
- If we review your report and don’t see any proof of scamming, no one will be banned.
How does someone actually get banned?
- We will ban a player if we can find proof that a scam happened.
- We will not ban players that are reported without reason or are falsely reported.
- We can tell the difference between a real scam and a fake scam, so you won’t be banned for receiving a gift that you didn’t ask for.
- You also won’t be banned for refusing a trade with another player. Only trades that have happened can be reported in the Trade License history.
Please do not submit fake reports!
If you submit too many fake reports, we may remove your ability to report other players.
The report button is not a toy! You should treat it with the same respect that you would treat the fire alarm in your school. Please don’t touch it unless you’ve really been scammed.
How do I know that I’ve been banned?
If you’ve been banned, you’ll see a ban message over a blue screen when opening Adopt Me.
Here is an example of a ban you might receive if you are caught scamming another player.
I was banned, but I didn’t do anything wrong! Can I be unbanned?
- If you’ve been banned falsely, you can appeal the ban using our Adopt Me support form here: https://playadopt.me/support/
- When you are ready to submit a ticket, select “I want to appeal an Adopt Me ban”
- Be sure to include the ban code from your error message in the ticket description.
Someone said they have Admin and are going to ban me!
Adopt Me staff members can be identified by a purple butterfly beside their username, like this:
If a player does not have this butterfly by their name, then they are not a part of the Adopt Me team and cannot ban other players.
I reported a scam, will I get my pets/items back?
The primary purpose of the reporting feature is to catch scammers, not to refund scammed pets or items to players. If you get scammed in Adopt Me, we cannot re-add your items - this is why you should keep them safe! Once they’re gone, they’re gone!
Read our 'How to protect yourself from scamming' article here: http://scamhelp.playadopt.me/